Winning SEO Strategy For Real Estate Property Business in 2023
Do you want to generate real 10,000+ organic users from search engines every month?
Do you want to generate 1000+ leads from search engines?
Want to boost your business organically without spending anything on paid ads?
If this is the case, this article is for you!
The real estate industry is fiercely competitive, particularly in major metropolitan areas.
Everyone is out to increase their visibility and get those listings, from the sole proprietor trying to make ends meet to the massive national conglomerates. Fortunately for you, you won’t have to compete with hundreds of thousands of other real estate agents online.
Because you serve a hyperlocal area, you are only competing with others in that same hyperlocal area. Of course, depending on where you live, competition can be fierce, even among small businesses.
Local SEO, on the other hand, gives you a fighting chance. As long as you understand what you’re doing.
The following are ten suggestions for improving your real estate website so that it can dominate local searches.
1. Begin With An SEO Audit: Before you can figure out where you’re going, you must first figure out where you are. Even though doing an audit can take some time, it provides you with the data you need to create a strategy and acts as a measure for your success.
- Does your website have a local ranking?
- Do you get organic traffic?
- Are you generating leads or converting clients?
If you answered no to any of these questions, there is a reason. The SEO audit will assist you in determining this.
The following are important areas to concentrate on:
Site Structure: XML sitemap, robots.txt, redirects.
Page Structure:Titles, meta descriptions, heading tags, alt tags, URLs.
Content:A website’s structure, keyword and link placement, graphic components, duplicate content, redirects, and canonical tags.
Links:Broken links, interlinking with other pages on your website, and outbound and inbound links.
Usability:Accessibility, mobile-friendliness, site speed.
2. Enhance for Search: After receiving the results of your audit, make a plan to deal with each of the problems.
It’s best to take a systematic approach to avoid missing anything.
After you’ve addressed the issues, search for other strategies to boost your overall optimization.
- Keyword research
- Optimise Meta Tags and Descriptions
- Image optimization
- Proper outbound and Internal Linking
- XML sitemap
- Broken links
- Site speed optimization
- Content optimization
- CTR and bounce rate optimization
- SSL certificate
- W3C validation
- SEO-friendly URLs
3. Ensure That Your Website Is Accessible: Everyone should be able to easily access the internet, regardless of their impairment.
The user experience suffers if the website is not developed with accessibility in mind, even though screen readers aid the visually impaired.
The Americans with Disabilities Act was passed before there was extensive internet access, so most people don’t think about how it affects online media.
All companies must ensure that their websites comply with ADA regulations, but real estate agents are particularly at risk because of the high number of lawsuits they face.
Basic rules for adhering to the ADA include:
- Any media players or PDF documents should include a link to the software download page.
- Users must be notified if they enter incorrect information. For example, if a form requires an email address and the user does not provide one, they must be notified.
- The appearance of the website is not solely determined by colour.
- Buttons and links are labelled clearly.
- Implementing a “skip navigation” function to ensure easy access to content for users.
- All images must have alt text so that screen readers can read them.
- Text captions are required for video content.
- Transcripts or descriptions are required for audio and video content.
- Any audio that is playing can be immediately stopped.
- Page titles should accurately describe the page’s content and should not mislead users.
- Any time limits are communicated to users.
- There are no empty links or heading tags on the site.
- Instead of “b” and I tags, “em” and “strong” are used.
- The headings appear in a logical order.
- Users can navigate the site with their keyboards.
- Every page has language code in the header to identify the language in which the code is written and should be read.
- Screen reader software can read both labels and legends on forms.
- Any automatic blinking, flashing, or scrolling can be turned off.
- There are no strobe effects, rapidly flashing animations, or colour.
- Any interactive elements have no discernible impact on the page’s layout or readability.
- Any keyboard focus should not be locked on a specific element.
- The site passes W3C HTML validation with no major issues.
You must also ensure the following to be fully ADA compliant:
- There are several ways to get to the site’s pages.
- The text should remain in form when the window is resized to 200% without affecting the page layout or usability.
- The order and presentation of menu items and buttons should be consistent throughout the site.
- Text captions should be included with any live audio or video content.
- Images do not take the place of text-based functions.
- Only links are highlighted.
- Redundant links on the same page are removed or reduced.
- The keyboard focus must be visible and clear at all times.
- If the user makes an input error, suggestions for resolving the problem are provided.
- The contrast between background and readable elements must be at least 4:5:1.
- If the site is multilingual, the languages should be identified in the page code.
- Mobile device optimization: Mobile devices are responsible for more than half of all internet traffic worldwide.
This means that your website must function properly on smartphones and tablets if you want to maintain a positive relationship with Google and your potential customers.
The following are the key areas to concentrate on when it comes to mobile optimization:
- Adaptive design
- Page speed
- Site navigation
- Hosting speed
A responsive design adapts your site to fit the screen of any device, which is critical for usability. Visitors will likely return to the search results if they have to wait too long for a more user-friendly site. Keep things as simple as possible.
The more steps a user must take to achieve their goal, the less likely they are to complete the process completely.
The Mobile-Friendly Test tool will assist you in determining whether your current site passes the test and will provide you with a list of issues that require your attention.
Minimise your code and optimise your images to make things go faster. Use an emulator to see how your content looks on different devices.
- Add your website in Google My Business: Local citations are an important component of local SEO.
The more places your website is listed, the better, with your name, address, and phone number consistent across all of them.
- Begin with Google My Business and maintain an up-to-date profile.
- Fill out as much of your profile as possible.
- Add photos, videos, and other relevant content to liven it up.
- This can help you rank higher in Google’s local searches, increasing your chances of ranking higher than sites like Zillow and Trulia, but don’t forget to sign up on those as well.
- Social Presence: Although social media has no direct impact on search engine rankings, it is still an important part of your digital marketing strategy.
It is advantageous to:
- Connect with your target audience.
- Boost your exposure.
- Create authority, trust, and awareness.
- Increase traffic to your website.
- Drive conversions.
Without social media accounts, real estate companies will struggle to become visible online.
It can be tempting to try to be active on every social media platform, but it’s better to focus on a few and do them well than to spread yourself too thin and have poor content.
Consider Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest in addition to Facebook.
Share your blog posts, videos, and other vital information on these social networks, such as news, statistics, and more.
Use visual content to promote your website on Instagram and Pinterest.
Display on Facebook the best sales opportunities.
Add geo-targeted keywords to your descriptions and localised hashtags whenever you share content on social media.
- Create and Post Useful Content on Your Blog: Your website’s blog gives you more opportunities to target relevant keywords.
Prioritising the types of content you will include is crucial because, as a small business, you don’t have the resources to compete with big businesses.
Your blog should include a variety of:
- Live stream videos.
- Virtual tours.
- Video tours.
Interviews with proprietors of local businesses
It may take some time to interview local business owners, but the effort will be worthwhile.
These interviews offer a distinctive viewpoint on your neighbourhood and show prospective homebuyers how lovely it is.
To spread the word and broaden your audience, business owners will probably post these interviews on their websites and social media channels.
Spend a few minutes optimising the content for search engines before posting it and sharing it.
Titles, headings, and subheadings, meta descriptions, alt text, hashtags, and URLs should all contain the relevant geographic keywords.
- Generate Video Content: Content is often the simplest to create, but if you have the resources, you should invest in creating and optimising video content.
It can assist you in standing out from the crowd.
- Setting up and optimising a YouTube channel.
- Upload videos to that channel on a regular basis.
- Upload or share your videos on your website and social media pages.
- Create a larger audience by running live streams on Facebook and YouTube.
You can reuse that video content to create new content for social media and your blog, allowing it to serve you in as many ways as possible.
Take the time to optimise your video content for local search.
Include geo-targeted keywords in your headlines, descriptions, and hashtags.
Subtitles and a transcript should be added for accessibility.
When you include the transcript in the description, search engines find it easier to crawl and index the content.
In the description, include links to your social media profiles, website, and any related listings.
- Implement Structured Data Markup: Structured data markup, also known as schema, assists Google and other search engines in learning more about the content on your page.
If you want your site to display rich snippets in search, you should use it wherever possible.
Real estate companies can benefit from the following:
- Offer \Product \Place
- RentAction \Residence \PostalAddress \SearchResultsPage \WebPage
What you use is determined by the structure of your site.
Consult an SEO professional if you’re unsure of what to use or where to begin.
After you’ve added schema to your site, use the Structured Data Testing Tool to ensure its accuracy.
- Attempt to Earn Featured Snippets: Do you want to be at the top of the SERPs?
Featured snippets have the potential to change the game.
Obtaining a featured snippet allows you to:
- This increases traffic.
- Attract users who are interested in your offerings.
- Enhances your search ranking.
- Boost conversion rates.
Earning them can be difficult, and only a few businesses have them in local search.
Instead of competing with major websites that may already have a spot, look for queries that don’t have one.
Keep in mind, however, that Google does not display the featured snippet for geo-targeted queries.
To make amends, you may:
- Conduct a keyword research to identify relevant, geo-focused long-tail keywords and phrases.
- Include the keywords you’ve chosen in high-quality content.
- Your content should be properly structured and marked up. Use question-focused headings and subheadings, shorter paragraphs that can fit into a featured snippet section, H1-H2 tags, tables, lists, charts, images, and so on.
- Make a FAQ section for your website. Specific answers, especially if they include images and lists, are more likely to be displayed as featured snippets.
Summary: There are still many opportunities despite the intense competition you face in real estate.
You may dominate local search by utilising these SEO tips.
Even against the biggest brands in the market, investing in SEO using these techniques can help you rank well.
To avoid blunders if you are unfamiliar with SEO, it is best to speak with or employ a specialist.