How To Rank Dental Office Website Quickly On Top in Google.
Being a Dental clinic owner, we spend a great amount on infrastructure and the equipment, which is fine but being a Dental clinic owner, we have bills to pay, we have salaries to pay and other expenses.
Answer is simple, by getting more patients.
So, the main questions for every business owners are:
How can we increase footfall?
How can we increase the patients list?
Answer is very simple: MARKETING.
TV Ads, Super expensive.
Radio Ads, Super Expensive
BillBoard Ads, Super Expensive.
So what can we do here?
Basic answer is: Mobile Phones. Everyone carries a phone. Best and cheapest way to show your ad is by targeting the mobile phone.
Therefore, LOCAL SEO is the greatest strategy to draw potential patients close to you to your clinic.
You could be asking yourself, “What exactly is local SEO?”
Here’s an example of explaining what basically Local SEO is ?
Example – When a patient opens Google and searches for “Dentist Near Me” or any other combination related to dentist search terms , then it is Google SEO only which is going to help you to appear on the First Page of Google’s Result Page.
So Local SEO is the most powerful tool you can use to increase your patient list and foot traffic.
Here is the complete Guide to the LOCAL SEO campaign process ! From where to start , How to Do and Much More. Once you’ve read through this blog, you will have a clear vision of everything related to the Local SEO process.
Several techniques for making your website local SEO-friendly :
• Creating Localised Content: Write material about your dental niche that is beneficial to everyone, such as how to maintain healthy teeth, how to enhance your dental health, and other topics connected to educating people about their dental concerns.
• Optimizing Your Title Tags and Meta Descriptions #: Include relevant keywords in your title tags and meta descriptions. This will help your website appear in the search results when people search for those keywords.
• Creating Local Landing Pages: Create separate landing pages for each of your locations. These pages should include relevant information about that location, such as the address, hours of operation, and contact information.
• Adding Schema Markup: Add schema markup to your website to help search engines understand your business better. This can help your website appear in rich snippets, which are featured snippets that include additional information about your business.
Schema Markup -Schema markup (also known as structured data or schema markup) is a logical vocabulary of tags or microdata added to your site’s code to improve how search engines read and represent your page in search engine results (SERPs).
• Building citations: Citations are mentions of your business on other websites. They can help improve your local SEO by increasing your visibility in the search results. To build citations, you can submit your business to online directories, such as Yelp and Foursquare.
LOCAL SEO Campaign Process
STEP 1 – Start by Analysing your website and your competitors website
In Detailed Analyse of your own website start by Analysing meta tags , Meta Descriptions , URL’s ,image Alt Tags, Title , and alot more.
1. Meta Tags – Meta tags are a type of HTML tag that provides search engines and other clients with information about a website page.
Meta Description – A meta description tag typically informs and interests users’ attention with a short, meaningful explanation of what a particular page is about. They serve as a sales technique, convincing the visitor that the page is exactly what they are looking for.
URL Tags – URL parameters are merely additional details that are added to the end of each link, often known as URL tags or Click tags.
2. Image Alt Tags – If an image cannot be displayed, the necessary alt attribute gives an alternative text for the image. If a user is unable to view an image for some reason, the alt attribute gives alternative information for the image (because of slow connection, an error in the src attribute, or if the user uses a screen reader).
3. Sitemaps – A sitemap is a file where you provide information about the pages, videos, and other files on your site, and the relationships between them.This file is examined by search engines like Google to improve the way they index your website. A sitemap not only gives useful information about these files but also lets Google know which pages and files you believe are crucial to your website.
STEP 2 Finding Money Keywords
Finding money keywords is the first step towards your website analysis.
A) Make a list of essential topics based on what you are aware of regarding your company. The best method to do this is to Put yourself in the shoes of the buyer of your product and then think of the general terms people are going to enter in the search engine when they are searching for the services you offer.
B) Identify Keyword Ideas
So following that , now you can generate keyword ideas using Google Trends and Google’s Adword Keyword Planner. Here by using these you can uncover hundreds of variants of your Money keywords.
C) If you’re having trouble coming up with more keywords that searchers might use you can also see the related search terms that appear at the end of the page when we search on a search engine.
Want a reward? Enter a few of those relevant search terms and check the terms that are related to them.
There are many types of keywords and the keywords differ by length , intent, target and by role.
So further Keywords by length are –
Long Tail Keywords – Long Tail Keywords are the most specific keywords and they are usually longer than the normal keywords.They are not very competitive. They have a less search value but they have a high conversion value.
Think about – you are looking for heels and you google heels only. It is a head term and is a very broad keyword. What are the chances they will buy on your site? Here you will end up clicking through some sales or discounts and will just see what types are available and not. Here you yourself don’t know exactly what you are looking for?
But if you google” Black 2 inch block heels closed toe” you know exactly what you want and for what you are looking for! And you’re probably willing to pay for it pretty quickly, as you got what you were looking for!
So long tail keywords have a higher conversion rate than others(Short tail or medium tail) as only those use long term keywords who are very clear of what they want and are prepared to buy!
Medium Tail Keywords – Medium Tail Keywords are just between three and four words long. They are also known as chunky keywords. They are moderately competitive. They have high search volume compared to long tail keywords. Example – think about you searching for heels and you enter “3 inch black heels”. Here you want heels and you specified the colour and the size you want . So this is a medium tail keyword. Chances are high for sales and more people are searching for this type of keyword.
Short Tail Keywords – Short-tail keywords are between one and two words long. They typically represent a broad topic with little context on the information searchers seek within that topic. They are highly competitive and have a high search volume. They have a very less conversion rate as compared to long tail and medium tail keywords. For example: “Heels”
Keywords by Intent – Keyword intent reveals the reason for the user’s search. The most important factor of paid search is keywords by intent. Without deeply understanding the intent of the user , even a highly well paid campaign will certainly fail.
SEARCH QUERIES ARE OF 4 BASIC TYPES –
1 Informational Search Queries – These are the searches performed when a user wants to collect information regarding some topic or thing.
People who are looking for information have a specific inquiry or desire to learn more about a particular subject like regarding any cooking recipe , child’s education etc.
2 Commercial Search Queries – These are the searches performed when a user wants to buy something in future and researching about the particular thing for more knowledge about it. Like Which is the best OTG? These people have transactional intent but are still confused and need more time for choosing.
3 Transactional Search Queries – These are the searches performed when a user buys something. Many individuals shop online and search the internet for the best deals. When someone is looking to make a purchase right away, they are searching with transactional intent. This indicates that they frequently already have a clear idea of what they want to buy and simply want to go to the product page right soon.
4 Navigational Search Queries – These are the searches performed when a user is trying to reach a particular webpage or website. For example – When someone searches for “Digiwolves” online, they typically intend to visit the Digiwolves website, or they want to know about DigiWolves.
STEP 3 – Technical ON Page Optimization
On Page SEO is the practice of optimizing the content on the website , in order to rank it higher on search engines.
In On Page SEO we are going to see whether our website is google friendly or not. In this we will be checking various factors on site.
On Page SEO is of two types :-
- On Page SEO
- Technical SEO
In On Page we will check –
✅ Are all page titles under 65 characters? (570 pixels).
✅ Are any Page Titles under 30 characters?
✅ Are any page titles being duplicated without canonical/pagination?
✅ Is the primary keyword/phrase close to the start of the meta title?
✅ Are page titles descriptive of the page content?
✅ Are any page titles missing?
✅ Are all Meta Descriptions unique and descriptive?
✅ Are any Meta Descriptions missing?
✅ Are any Meta Descriptions being duplicated without canonical/pagination?
✅ Are any Meta Descriptions below 70 characters?
✅ Are Meta Keywords in use?
✅ Are there any redirects other than 301?
✅ Does each page have a clear H1 tag?
✅ Are H2’s being used across the site?
IN TECHNICAL SEO YOU SHOULD CHECK-
✅ Primary Protocol Use (HTTP / HTTPS)?
✅ Does the site have a valid SSL certificate?
✅ Do all pages redirect from HTTP to HTTPS correctly?
✅ Does the site carry a Favicon?
✅ Site Uptime
✅ Broken / Redirected Internal Links
✅ Broken / Redirected External Links
✅ Is the .htaccess file configured correctly?
✅ Are Dynamic Pages being served correctly?
✅ Does the site have open dynamic pages that can be blocked?
✅ Malware & Security Checks
✅ Blacklist check
✅ Site Speed Checks
✅ Are any pages being duplicated due to poor architecture?
✅ Structured Data & Schema Use
✅ Are there any Chrome Console Errors?
✅ Is Inline CSS being used?
✅ Are there any canonical errors?
✅ Are all ads and affiliate links nofollow?
✅ Server location by IP
✅ What platform is the site built on?
✅ Is a CDN in use?
✅ List of 404
STEP 4 – Quality Link Building
Link Building is the process of getting other websites to link to pages on your website. A quality link, or high-quality link, is one that is sourced from a high-quality website. High quality websites are those which have Domain Authority above 50 , Low Spam Score 3/10 ,Relevancy and high Page Authority.
Sites with more authority can pass more valuable links to your site.
Once you receive a backlink from a website with high authority, you will see an improvement in your organic ranking.
Getting to the top of the search results also depends on having high quality links.
In order to create links effectively some of the techniques are –
Unique Content for Backlinking – You should create unique content that links to your website in accordance with Google’s Webmaster Content Guidelines, whether it is for Blog submission , Article posting , image submission or Web 2.0 Submission.
Relevancy as the Primary Goal – Acc. to google’s ranking criteria , your website’s PageRank is indirectly impacted by how valuable a user finds a search result. In order to build backlinks for you, we exclusively contact reputable websites using keywords related to your website.
Note: Whenever writing a content, ask yourself,”Why will someone read your content”, how your written content is going to help them. Is it worthy to spend above 1 minute on your site while reading that content?
You should be trying to solve the problem in your content, not just writing a generic thing or something which is not useful.
You also need to understand the intent of the user while writing your content.
STEP 5 – Weekly Keywords Reporting
Check the ranking of each keyword weekly , every monday and make a report. This will help you know whether you are targeting the right keywords or not. How your targeted keywords are performing and whether they are giving you desired results or you need to change.
Free plan on semrush is good for a small business.
STEP 6 – Monthly Progress Report
So after the weekly ranking report , you need to create an overall monthly report too , by using tools like google analytics, Google Search Console etc. For success, Continuous monitoring is essential. Continuous monitoring will help you know about the visitors of your website , visitors’ experience of your page ,how your site is performing on the search engines and a lot more which will definitely help you to know whether your strategy is performing well or if some changes are required.
STEP 7 – Increasing Business
You should stay adhered to white hat SEO techniques as it will constantly increase your organic traffic.
WHITE HAT SEO – White hat SEO are those marketing techniques that are approved by google
Never follow Black Hat Seo as Black Seo are those techniques which manipulate google algorithms to rank higher. It is always recommended to use White Hat SEO as the black hat SEO can get your website removed from google’s result page.
Your main goal should be the result . Here your goal is to increase your patients.
E.g.- You are using SEO to boost your patient base. Always keep your eye on your end objective and keep an eye on your progress since simply following a plan of action and expecting results is a waste of time. Keep a close watch on everything, and if you’re not receiving the outcomes you want, look for the problems and fix them.
Google My Business
As a local dentist, you are looking for better ways to reach more potential customers and for you Google My Business is a great tool that you should consider using. There are various ways in which Google My Business can be used to help you grow your dental practice. By optimizing your business listing you lead to increased visibility, improved customer engagement and ultimately higher profits!
Google My Business makes it easy for customers to find your dental practice online, and can help you stand out from the competition. You can use your listing to provide information about your business, such as your hours of operation, contact information, and location. You can also add photos and videos, which can give potential patients a better idea of what your practice is like.
Creating a Google My Business listing is a great way to reach new patients and grow your dental practice. Follow the steps below to get started:
1. Go to google.com/business and sign in or create an account.
2. Enter your business name and location.
3. Choose the category that best describes your business (e.g., Dentist).
4. Add relevant information about your business, such as your hours of operation, contact information, and website URL.
5. Add photos and videos (optional).
6. Click “Publish” when you’re finished making changes to your listing
BUSINESS PROFILES ON GOOGLE MAPS LOOK LIKE
Benefits of Using Google My Business for Local Dental Practices
Google My Business (GMB) is a powerful tool that you can use to grow your practice. When used correctly, GMB can help you:
1. Reach new patients: GMB makes it easy for patients to find your dental practice online. By creating a GMB listing and optimizing it with relevant keywords, you can make sure that your practice shows up in search results when potential patients are looking for a dentist in your area.
2. Stand out from the competition: With so many dental practices competing for patients, it’s important to make yours stand out. GMB allows you to add photos, videos, and other rich media to your listing, which can help you show potential patients why your practice is the best choice for their dental needs.
3. Get more reviews: Positive reviews from happy patients can do wonders for your practice’s reputation – and they can also help you attract new patients. GMB makes it easy for patients to leave reviews, so be sure to encourage them to do so after their appointments.
4. Keep track of your progress: GMB provides valuable insights into how well your listing is performing. Through the Insights dashboard, you can see how many people have viewed or clicked on your listing, as well as how often your practice appears in search results. This data can help you adjust your GMB strategy over time to get even better results.
As a Local dentist, you now have a better understanding of how you can use Google My Business to aid your practice’s growth. With the right strategy and some dedication, it is possible for you to increase your visibility and reach more potential patients than ever before. By taking advantage of all that Google My Business has to offer, local dentists like yourself can successfully compete with larger practices in their area who may not be utilizing this powerful tool.